Friday, June 16, 2006

Two Days Off!!!

The last couple of days has reminded me of how much easier it is for me to stick to my points when I'm at work! The four days I had off over the long weekend were very bad ww wise, no exercise (mostly because I didn't have the energy) today is the first day that I actually have had energy when I got home from work. I am hoping to give the treadmill a work out tomorrow morning, just a small one, before I go for my weigh in. I know that I have put on this week, but I don't think it will be too bad. I will be back on track tomorrow, journalling my points, and might take Jules to the park if the fog lifts by the afternoon! Today was the first day since the weekend that the fog has lifted before lunchtime, yesterday it was after 2pm before I could see out the windows at work! Has been in the minuses overnight for the last week too, nothing to drastic, but at Wangaratta, 30 minutes away, got to -7 on tuesday night!!!! brrrr.
Jules' cold is much better, just her nose needs wiping every now and again. They have changed Peter's work shift again, he is now on four days on, four days off. Two of those are morning, then two are night. At least it means extra money, but it does make it a lot harder to organise a babysitter, especially when I don't finfish until 8 most nights, and Jules is supposed to be in bed at 7.30. I am thinking of asking one of my friends to come over when shift times clash, so she can put Jules to bed at the right time, and I don't have to take her out in the cold when I pick her up. I know she won't charge me too much...
I did notice last night, that when I have to pick up Jules from her Nan's house I have to drive past chinese takeaway, charcoal chicken, chicken stop, KFC, Mc Donalds, and Dominos, if I drive any other way to avoid it, it takes me completely out of the way. When I get to drive straight home, I don't pass anything except houses... something to consider...
I am hoping to do some scrapbooking tomorrow afternoon, I have two pages to do to finish Jules' first album, but have at least 10 planned for the next one, but at least the first one will be finished! Maybe will do some beading on Sunday, I am teaching one of my friends how to do it, which gives me some great ideas from working with her. So thats my weekend, will try to do some cooking for the week as well, only got the pumpkin and leek quiche (very contented tummy cookbook)done last tuesday, very nice, but I would reccommend cuting off the excess filo pastry whereas the recipe reccommends leaving it on, of course I had to use a springform cake tin, not a pie one, as that is something I lack in my baking collection.
Well, now I have finished woffling on, hope you all have a great weekend,
Mel

1 comment:

Rae said...

that drive sounds terrible! just focus on the road, there is nothing but you and the other cars and the other things? well they are just figments of the imagination... tehehe :)
I hope the babysitting sorts out well, it muct be hard juggling ever changing shifts!
Well done on cooking things ahead though, and i might give that pie a try, and take the excess off!
have a great weekend! and i hope there is not too much fog! (bring back the sun and the warmth!!!!)
Rae :)