Hi everyone, yes, we are back from our last holiday as a threesome, had a fantastic time, except for our last night (more on that later). On Sunday we went to Taronga Zoo, we took the ferry over, and the gondola up, Jules thought it was fantastic! Got to see a few more exoctic animals like the elephonts and giraffes, as well as the more traditional Aussie ones. The seal show was great, Jules cackled like a little monkey most of the way through it. Will post some pics once peter has downloaded them onto the computer. My friend Jacqui, whom we were staying with was sick that night, throwing up, the whole bit, poor thing, couldn't go into work the next day.
Monday was a slower day, went to Ikea at Homebush, and spent too much money, and found lots of other stuff that if we could get it home, we probably would have bought it too! We stopped at DFO on our way back (Direct Factory Outlets) and got some Christmas present shopping done, just about finished that now, and just took it slow. We ended up going swimming at Homebush that night with Jules, had a great time, so many people there, but it was great to be able to see where part of the Olympics were held.
Tuesday we took the ferry to Manly to see the beach, didn't end up staying too long, seemed to be pretty crowded, but had a fantastic lunch at a Bavarian Beir Cafe that overlooks the harbour, great food and service. Took the ferry back across the harbour, walked around to the Opera house, then back around The Rocks. We finally ventured into the city to find the local Krispy Kreme donut shop, successfully, I might add, before heading back to Croydon. By the time we got back, I was pretty tired and not feeling well, Jules was a little more docile than normal, but I didn't notice. We went out for dinner to a local pub that night, I ended up vomiting in the bathroom at the pub and to cap it off before we left, Jules threw up too, all over the floor. This was the beginning of a nasty night for both of us. At one stage I was out in teh garden throwing up againwhile Jules was inside in bed throwing up. I felt sorry for Peter, becasue he didn't know which one he should go to help. Luckily Jacqui stayed with Jules for a while, cleaning her and the bed up and getting her back to sleep so Peter could help me outside. I made it back inside eventually but with a big bucket to get me through the night. I won't go into details, but be the end of the night there was not food or liquid left inside me. Jules fared a little better. By Wednesday morning she was bouncing around the house again, happy as could be, she didn't eat much all day, just had some toast and juice. I didn't eat at all Wednesday until we got home. It was not a fun car drive, I managed to doze most of the way, while Peter drove, Jules watched DVDs, we only stopped a couple of time for me to go to the bathroom, but even peter didn't eat much (that should have been a sign). I rang my MIL and she said that she would take Jules for the night so I could get a good nights sleep to let my body rest, so we dropped her off on the way home. I managed to get one load of washing done before heading off to bed, had 2 pieces of toast with vegemite for dinner, Peter didn't have anything as he was feeling sick now! He ended up throwing up around midnight, but still felt fine enough to go to work, so he did. I managed to get a good 12 hours sleep, and I feel so much better for it. My MIL dropped Jules off about 8.30, and she as been quite happy to be home again.
The good thing was that I don't think that being sick has harmed baby at all, except the lack of fluid yesterday, I could barely even drink water, I managed a 600ml bottle of lemonade on the 6 hour drive, and a small amount of water as well, but just couldn't bring myself to drink anymore.
Baby was still kicking me through the night I was sick and then on the way home, so nothing wrong there!
So like I said, I will post some pics once Peter has downloaded them, look out tomorrow for them,
Mel
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
awwwwwww what a yuk end to a holiday....but so glad you had a great time.
Jen
Post a Comment