Monday, September 04, 2006

I'm finally casual!!

Yeah!! and they have already called me to do extra shifts this week, will hopefully still end up with 30 hours at this rate. I am very glad now to have less responsibility and be paid more for that privilage! That may sound silly, but I could do with some time to do only what I am told, its much more relaxing and less stressful! I even have today off work, which is fantastic after the week of hell that was last week being understaffed, training 3 new staff members when we are feeding over a hundred for breakfast, luncha nd dinner, not including happy hours, morning teas and two huge formal functions and a invitee only luncheon.... no wonder I fell asleep at my nana's house yesterday! I still managed to get three phone calls from work yesterday on my day off about exhausted staff and covering shifts, lots of fun, but its nice to be needed!

Well I can't believe I'm almost 4 months along already! I don't know if I told you before but I no longer fit into my work pants that I tried so hard to lose weight and fit into properly, which I did fit into three months ago... Argggghhh. Have started wearing maternity pants to work, but I only have one pair, so its a pain having to wash them constantly and then they keep falling down because I'm not big enough to wear them properly. So yes, I have officially popped, because my very loose jeans from three months ago are getting tighter again, I can only just now take them off with out undoing them, god it was so exciting when I could do that for the first time!

I am off to the doctor this afternoon to get my referall for my obygyn, living in a border town where I live in Victoria, my doctor is in new south wales (where I used to live before I got married) but they only have a maternity ward in wodonga, and if you go to a nsw doctor you need to be reffered to a victorian doctor, of which there are only 4 obygyn for a population of over 100,000, granted not all of them are pregnant, but it takes 3 weeks to get an appointment! and becasue I need to see her when I'm about 18 - 19 weeks, I need to get my butt into gear and get organised. Thats also when I will have my next ultrasound, and hopefully will find out whether its a boy or a girl!

Jules is going well, still has a cold which she has had for the last month, but hey, kids are like that. She is not too impressed at the moment with the idea of having a little brother or sister becasue Peter told her that the new baby would take her toys off her and take her dolly. Real smart I know, don't you just want to.... so hopefully she will come around by the time the baby is actually born.

I'm going to go and start weeding my vegetable garden today so I can start planting my summer vegies soon, so will talk later,
Mel

5 comments:

Berrie said...

Ok I give up Mel what do you think you have found and if I want it back ask in 5 months time my head is a bit daft at the moment...
Hey congrats on more work too..
Hope your little Jules is getting much better too..
Keep smiling sunshine
Berrie :)

Rae said...

HI MEL!!
wow, almost 4 months along, i am so happy for you, i really am. And i am sure Jules will come round and love her new little brother or sister.
It's so exciting, and don't you dare feel guilty, its always a beautiful event, and i hope i get to share it too. and it's great to be needed at work, and then the extra money is always good too!
Don't fret too much about the clothes, because you will get into them all again, we are all here to help with that! but by the sounds of things another pair of maternity pants might need to go on the shopping list!
anyway, good luck, *hUgs*
Rae xx

Berrie said...

No doubt about Rae she is one heck of a woman Mel...
Now I have come to tell you I left you a message on my blog but will tell you here..
I dont want the weight back I have lost...you can throw it away I dont need it nor do I wnat it back LOL heehhehehe...just toss it pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee......
Keep well I am hapy for you and as Rae says we wil be ere to help you after bubs you betcha
Berrie xxxxxx

Berrie said...

Sorry about the typos I am pathetic at typing heheheh but you get my drift I hope
B xxx

jen said...

Hi mel,

Sounds like new maternity clothes coming up, wowwwwwwwwww how exciting for you..pregnancy is a is a miracle, a new little life.
Enjoy every little momment.


Jen xx